Posted on Monday September 19, 2022
The village is looking to hire a full time General Laborer for the Department of Public Works.
Join our team in Stevensville! We are a small village of about 1,000 residents looking for a full time Department of Public Works General Laborer. This position performs activities in the construction, repair, maintenance and operation of village infrastructure including streets, parks, lights, decorations and more. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with some flexibility, and requires work outside of these hours and overtime during the winter months and for a few village events. Pay will be based on experience. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and CDL licensure is required.
- Experience in road construction, municipal public works, snow plowing and general “handyman” skills are highly desirable.
- Responsible for the physical appearance, maintenance and functioning of all Village structures, equipment and property, including streets, sidewalks, administrative buildings, lighting and parks.
- Monitor the condition and maintain the Village’s streets, sidewalks and parking areas, including hot patching and filling potholes, line striping and more.
- Install and maintain Village lighting, directional, and traffic, and seasonal banners and decorations
- Remove snow and ice from the streets, sidewalks and public parking spaces and be available during off hours to plow or salt roads, when needed
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume to [email protected] or deliver to Village Hall at 5768 St. Joseph Avenue, Stevensville.