IMPORTANT ORDINANCE REMINDERS
(Chapter 22, Article II)
- A permit must be obtained from the Village Hall
- A permit is issued to residents only, businesses are not valid for a permit
- The duration of the permit shall be for 3 consecutive days only
- No more than 2 permits will be issued per address per calendar year (with the exception of the Village Wide Garage Sale)
- Signs shall:
- be placed no more than 1 day prior to the sale date, and removed no more than 12 hours after the sale date, with only 3 signs permitted to be erected.
- be no larger than 3ft by 2ft
- be placed on private property only, to not obstruct traffic
( Chapter 12-24) (IPMC 302.8)
- All vehicles must be registered, licensed and up to date. All unregistered vehicles must be stored in an enclosed building.
- No vehicles should be in a major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled.
- Painting of vehicles must be conducted inside an approved spray booth.
Weeds, litter, and unsafe trees
(Chapter 24-6) (IPMC 302.4)
- The owner or person in control of any private premises is in charge of:
- Maintaining the premises free of noxious weeds and grasses and unsafe trees or limbs.
- Cutting weeds and grasses on vacant lots or other premises prior to going to seed.
- Maintaining a grass height of less than 6 inches
- Correcting violation within 48 hours
- If the condition is not corrected within 48 hours of violation, the Village, or it's contractor may mow the property at the Village's current established rate. The minimum fee the owner can expect to pay is $95.
- Please do not place trash receptacles at the curb prior to 24 hours before pickup.
- Please remove trash receptacles from the curb within 24 hours of pickup.
- Same rules apply to large trash items scheduled for pickup.
(Chapter 28, Article II)
- It shall be the owner or occupant's responsibility to:
- keep sidewalks free from sand, dirt, rubbish, litter, and filth
- promptly remove all ice and snow
- No person shall park on any paved street between the hours of 2:30am and 6:00am of any day (Chapter 32-75)
- All motor vehicles, recreational vehicles, trailers, etc must be parked on surfaces which meet the requirements of parking areas as outline in Chapter 36-450, and not on any grasses.
View all Village of Stevensville Ordinances